What is a product quiz?
These quizzes are fit well for brands that needs to consider parameteres such as looks, styles, tastes, etc. In other words, personalization and customized features. The other aspect to remember is that product recommendation quizzes are based on the assumption that the customer has very little or even no prior knowledge about the product, and questions are hence formulated based on preferences rather than direct needs.
Consider the kind of questions a personality questionnaire would pose. It wouldn't directly ask you whether you're a shy person, but instead ask you if you like crowds or parties. There are a set of insights that it considers before labeling you with a certain kind of personality. A product quiz similarly recommends products that can match your potential needs, and are most-suitable for you. Product quizzes also utilize product knowledge and consumer insights within them.
How does a product quiz work?
Product quizzes can solve the following problems
- "I have a large assortment of products"
- If a website has a large assortment of products, e.g. an electronics retail site that has 5000+ products, visitors will find it difficult to search for the product they need. A product quiz helps them to quickly find a perfect product, thus saving browsing time on search.
- "I sell luxury and novelty products"
- Product quizzes are a perfect match for luxury retail and novelty products, as they are often purchased for the purpose of gifting. These are useful tools particularly for luxury brands, but also retailers looking to add an useful experience to their Ecommerce.
- "Visitors frequently bounce off my website"
- A product quiz is by nature user-friendly and doesn't use traditional filters. It is highly interactive and retains visitors on your website.
- "I want to know more about my customers' purchase behavior"
- When using our product quiz, excentos analytics will give a detailed picture on how your products are faring with different customer segments. They provide a lot of insightful data such as market information, improvement suggestions, seasonal buying trends, etc.
Our product quizzes come
with even more advantages
What our customers can tell you...
We saw significantly higher growth rates for all products integrated in the advisor compared to the overall product range. The excentos staff were always there to support us for any questions and helped us to get the most out of the platform.
Customers who use the excentos Gift Finder are 3 times more likely to make a buying decision than those who do not.
Digital consulting with excentos is now an essential part of our marketing, and we are very satisfied with the results.