Guided Selling — digital advice on your website
so that your shop can advise and sell, as well as your best sales rep.
Advise customers through the shopping process to the cartAdvise every customer, like you would in-store.
Construct a dialogue which is able to advise every customer, in-line with their individual needs and wishes. Personalized and individual advice which will increase your cart sales and decrease your return rates.
Watch video: Build a Product Guide in 45 secondswith the excentos Workbench, everyone can develop a Product Guide both quickly and easily. See how easy it is with this video:
Advice integrated into your websiteProduct Guides are extremely easy to integrate into every shop or CMS system. Be able to offer advice the minute your customers start searching for a product. The Product Guide will be adapted to your product assortment and target group, in order to fulfill the needs of your customers.
What is Guided Selling?
With Guided Selling, websites can advise their customers, as well as your in-store sales assistant could. Customers simply state their requirements and buying desires. Intelligent Guided Selling tools then get to work, in order to lead customers to make a buying decision which is quick and easy.
This is how intelligent Guided Selling tools recommend products which really fit the user's desires. Guided Selling allows every individual customer to receive their own personalized advice.
When does my website require Guided Selling and Online Product Guides?
Online Guided-Selling technology is always a good idea if a shop offers a large product assortment or if products require detailed information before customers can make a buying decision.
Product advisors can assist and act in exactly the same way as when advice would be given in-store or via a customer service team. Check out how Guided Selling can help your business:
Large product assortment = increased demand for advice
a shop with a large product assortment which customers may find difficult to navigate
The Guided Selling rule of thumb: if you have more than 10-15 products which are suited to different requirements, your customers will most likely need advice. Some Product Guides have almost 100,000 products — but even with fewer than 10 products, you may require an advice mechanism in place, in order for customers to be knowledgeable enough to make the right purchase.
If your customers ask "what was the difference between those products again?"
If your shop has products which require explanation, not every customer knows which products will fulfill their requirements. This means customers need to carry out extensive research which they are not prepared to do. They want to make a buying decision quickly and easily.
Products which particularly require a lot of explanation are products which offer many technical features and characteristics — the kind of features which can be easily forgotten about but can make a difference to whether a customer makes a purchase or not.
Maintain overview of thousands of products
Online product advice is essential if you have a dynamic assortment where products can change very quickly. If new products are launched at least twice a year, there is no salesman who can easily keep up to date with the specifics of every product, especially when the products are varied.
Digital Product Guides clearly have an advantage here, since they can remember infinite numbers of products and all their details. Therefore, product advice is ideal for large product assortments, as well as a handy support mechanism for your sales staff.
Different target groups - different demands
Those who sell to different target groups need to adequately present their products to each. Target groups can be:
- First-time buyers versus experienced repeat-buyers, who have different levels of knowledge
- B2C versus B2B customers, who are buying with completely different requirements in mind
- younger versus older customers who have different demands when making a buying decision
With Guided Selling, you can successfully serve different target groups. Product Guides pose intelligent questions which interactively adapt to the needs of each target group. This provides every customer with the information that is relevant to their individual purchase decision.
When are Product Guides not necessary?There are of course scenarios in which online advice is not particularly useful. For example, if you have a simple product selection or a very small product assortment which rarely changes. In these situations, it's best to explain your products through statistical content (e.g. with product descriptions). With a small product assortment, buyers have enough time to read through the details of every product. In most other cases, interactive product advice is much quicker, more user-friendly and effective when leading customers to a buying decision.
How does Guided Selling work and how does it increase my sales?
- At many points in your shop, customers get lost, for example, on long product overview pages, in complicated menu structures or in category overviews where the user is unsure which sub-category is suitable or pages with cryptic product descriptions..
Banners and links to Product Guides can help solve this issue, even helping users with no product knowledge to find something suited to their needs.
There are many tips for how excentos Guided Selling tools get your customers to use the interactive guide.
- If you provide customers with questions which are enjoyable and relevant, you can understand what they really want to buy. This is exactly how the Product Guide proceeds: all relevant questions surrounding the buying decision are prepared to perfection. Alongside great questions, explanatory descriptions, understandable illustrations and example images, to explain features and reasons for buying certain products.
In addition to helping customers, you can also help your business and gain valuable consumer insights, as you learn more about customers' motivations for buying
The result is a user profile, which contains comprised information about the user and their buying behaviors.
- Guided Selling recommends every customer the exact products that fulfil their requirements. An intelligent recommender calculates product recommendations, which fit the customer's needs and thereby increase the likelihood of them making a purchase.
- Guided Selling increases conversion rates because Product Guides proceed like an intelligent sales rep would. Every product recommendation provides reasoning which persuades the customer why they should buy. Other useful functions, include: bookmarks which provide dynamic product comparisons and the shopping cart function which is situated directly in the results list to increase sales.
What do our clients say?
Since the introduction of the excentos Product Guides, our return rate decreased by 8%. With only one Product Guide we were able to reduce costs by more than 200,000 € each year."
The excentos Gift Finder leads customers three times more often to a buying decision than customers who do not use the Product Guide."
excentos achieved 5 times higher conversion rates than any other search tool on our website. excentos Product Guides significantly increased our conversion and findability and improved customer loyalty and our product presentation."
Test out our camera guide
to see how easy buying decisions can be
Your customers want to have it as easy as possible. With intelligent Product Guides, you simplify buying decisions for every visitor on your website:
Your customers get the sales advice they need, thanks to digital Guided Selling online, chatbots or in-store solutions.