Landing pages and
for excentos Product Guides
Introduction and goals
There are many ways how to drive traffic into your Product Guides and make marketing and SEO for them.
This docu shows best practices to optimize linking and conversion. If done intelligently,
our tips will not only increase the Product Guide traffic, but also support your website's overall findability,
SEO effects and even increase your search engine rank.
More traffic in
optimize the ways to get in there
users that need help easily find it
More traffic in
use Product Guide content for SEO
Summary: best practices, do's and dont's
Check if excentos knows what we speak about:
Open Google and search
and find our Brother reference on top Google position.
- Integration Page
- Menu Link
- Teaser Widget
- SEO Keywords
- Product Details
How many Landing Pages do I need?
At least one, as many as appropriate for different content areas / context in your Website.
There can be only one Landing Page, e.g. "Bicycle Buying Guide".
However, it is far more intelligent to have several Landing Pages centered around different messages / offers / keywords / target groups (e.g. landing page "race bikes" and landing page "city bikes"). This makes sure you adress several target groups with their respective usecases / keywords and search behaviour.See the section "SEO optimization" of this docu for more information.
Who sets up the Integration Pages and Landing Pages?
You or your eCom / CMS team.
Examples of Integration Page used by our customers
If you want to use parameters to pre-set the Product Guide, please check the examples in the FAQs of the how-it-works section.
Examples of Menu Links used by our customers
Example of banners used by our customers
At the beginning of each season, you can use different banners to highlight your product guide.
This does not only increases the findability of your Product Guide, but also the usability of your webshop.
Examples of teaser widget used by our customers
Examples of Quickfinder used by our customers
Examples used by our customers
Finding relevant keywords with the Google Keyword Planner
Step-by-step guide: How to use the Google Keyword Planner to find the right keywords for your Product Guide
- Visit the Google AdWords website https://adwords.google.com and log in with your personal account
- Click on the menu "Tools"
- Select the tool "Plan your budget and get insights for keywords" (in German: "Budget planen und Keyword-Daten abrufen") and choose the first option "Get search volume data and trends" (in German: "Daten zum Suchvolumen und Trends abrufen")
- make sure you have the right settings for country/region and locale. Select an entire country and not only a city to get more relevant data
- type in several keywords that your target group might use when you would like them to find the Product Guide in search results. Hit the button "Get search volume"
- note the differences in "Avg. monthly searches"
- get creative! check different keywords, change the product names and test different combinations to find the right keywords
- note the most relevant keywords and design relevant content, call-to-actions, banners, links, URL names and image descriptions around these keywords
Effects of different traffic sources within your website
The diagram shows our experience on how much visits certain traffic sources in your website can contribute to traffic in your Product Guide.:
Notes to the diagram:
All figures rough estimates only.
Example: Integrate a banner or link to the Product Guide into your product detail page and expect to increase the Product Guide's traffic by ca. 200% depending of the quality of the banners / links / content offered and your target group. Some effects additive, others not. The most crucial elements of the Landing Page are relevant content and SEO keywords and top-level URLs filled with keywords. This maximizes traffic for both returning and new visitors, no matter whether they are already in your Website or search via Google etc.